At Bazaar Velvet, we are committed to working closely with our clients to help them find their ideal bespoke rug- whether it involves making simple adjustments to an existing design, or creating a completely new design from scratch.Our talented design team use the latest specialist software to create your design with ease. Multiple variations can be formulated within a short space of time and realistic computer visuals created. We can verify colours using wool/silk colour poms (yarn samples) and show you qualities using our various design samples.
Our custom rug design service is free of charge, with prices being calculated on the same square meter basis as our stock rugs. Hand Knotted rugs have a lead time of 16-18 weeks and Hand Tufted rugs a lead time of 10-12 weeks.
Read our bespoke rug guide below to find out more about the bespoke design process at Bazaar Velvet and how we create beautiful custom rugs.
Bespoke Rug Guide - Creating Custom Rugs at Bazaar Velvet
Step 1 - Find Your Inspiration:
Custom rugs can be created from any artwork or design idea you provide- including both photographs and simple drawings.
If you're unsure of where to start, try the following
- Consider the existing elements of your room such as patterns and colours from fabrics and accessories
- Browse the Bazaar Velvet website to discover existing designs that can be used for inspiration or even adjusted to meet your needs
- Draw on other creative sources to find a design or colour that brings you joy. It can be anything from a print on a favourite item of clothing to a piece of decorative paper
Alternatively, just take a photograph of your room and we can do all the work for you
Remember to measure your room- any bespoke size can be made at no additional cost
Working from an existing Bazaar Velvet Design
Many Bazaar Velvet Designs can be made to order, but for maxiumum flexibilty choose one from our Core Collection.
These can be adjusted:
- By Colour- over 2000 colours to choose from
- By Size- any custom size available
- By Shape- any shape including round, or with simples cut outs or curves
- By Design- we can change scale, add border or make any other adjustments
- By Material - we offer a wide range of materials including wool, silk, cashmere, cotton, hemp and bamboo which can be combines to meet your design vision or budget needs.
By Construction- a hand knotted rug can be made in various densities depending on the design. Higher knot counts achieve more details whilst lower knot counts reduce the price. We can also create simple designs in a hand tufted quality, giving a lower price point and shorter lead time.
Step 2 – Contact Us
Let us know in as much detail as possible what your looking for in your bespoke rug- including, size, design, colours, timescale and budget.
We're always happy to provide guidance if you're unsure, but it's really helpful to know if there are any specific requirements that have to be met.
Email Us- take the opportunity to send photos of your room and furnishings
Phone Us- discuss your project with us and we can answer all your questions
Visit our Showroom- meet our team and take the opportunity to view existing rugs and samples, and our design software. If you have any fabric/paper/floor samples, don't forget to bring them along.
Furthermore, we also offer a home consultation service to many of our local clients. If this is something you would be interested in, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Step 3 – Let us work with you to create your perfect custom rug design
We use our 20 years of experience combined with the latest technology to provide you with a friendly and specialist service.
- A choice of over 2000 colours, represented both on screen and in wool and silk colour poms (yarn samples)
- Quick and easy design creation by our artistic design team, providing multiple options if requested
- Samples of qualities and examples of previous designs to view
- Expert advice on choosing the right quality and size to suit your design and budget
- Clear design visuals showing your bespoke rug with realistic texture, as well as in-situ views using photos of your own room
For customers who are within reach of our London Showroom, we usually recommend making an appointment. Depending on the complexity of the rug design/colour adjustments, we may be able to create visuals and finalise colours during your visit. When creating complex designs or working with clients further afield, we are able to email design visuals and post colour samples.
We are committed to working towards a final design that fits your artistic vision as well as your budget and practical needs.
Step 4 – Confirm and have your bespoke rug made
Once you have approved both computer visuals and colour samples, we require a 50% deposit to begin the making process, with the remaining balance due 14 days before delivery.
Our custom rugs generally take 16-18 weeks to make, but express services are available at an additional cost.
Each of our rugs are made entirely by hand by dozens of skilled artisans using the ancient art form of hand knotting. This gives every rug a unique character and a level of robustness unsurpassed by any other making method.
This means your perfect bespoke rug can be used and enjoyed for many decades to come.
If you are interested in creating a bespoke rug with us, or have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.